Digital Design (2ΚΠ04)
Numerical systems and codes. Boolean algebra. Logic gates. Logic functions. Simplification of logic functions. Analysis and design of combinational circuits. Arithmetic circuits. Small and Medium Scale Integration combinatorial circuits (adders, subtractors, coders, decoders, multiplexers, demultiplexers, comparators). Latches and Flip-Flops (S-R, J-K, D, T). Synchronous and asynchronous sequential circuits. Registers. Shift registers. Counters. Memory circuits. Error detection and correction. Algorithmic State Machines (ASM). Introduction to Hardware Description Languages.
Laboratory Hours :
- Understanding the logic operations, principles and theorems of Boolean algebra.
- Get familiar with the basic simplification tools of logic circuits.
- Understanding the operation of basic combinational and sequential circuits.
- Get familiar with the practical design and implementation of logic circuits.
- Get familiar with the use of integrated circuits (connection and operation control, information retrieval from data sheets, debugging).
- M. Mano, M. Ciletti, “Digital Design”, PAPASOTIRIOU PUBLICATIONS, 5th Edition/2013, ATHENS, Eudoxus: 33153989
- M. Roumeliotis, St. Souravlas, “Digital Design”, TZIOLA & SONS PUBLICATIONS, 1st Edition/2012, Eudoxus: 22701978
- St. Souravlas, M. Roumeliotis, “Digital Systems”, TZIOLA & SONS PUBLICATIONS, 1st Edition/2008, THESSALONIKI, Eudoxus: 18548869
- V. Pedroni, “Circuit Design with VHDL”, Klidarithmos Publications, 1st Edition/2008, ATHENS, Eudoxus: 13901
- Brown, Vranesic, “Digital System Design with VHDL”, TZIOLA & SONS PUBLICATIONS, 3rd Edition/2011, THESSALONIKI, Eudoxus: 18548944
- N. Assimakis, “Digital Electronics”, G.DARDANOS - K. DARDANOS PUBLICATIONS, 1st ed./2008, ATHENS, Eudoxus: 32137 (laboratory textbook)
Final theory exam 70% Laboratory grade 30%